Susceptibility testing in antibacterial drug R&D
This looks like an interesting webinar for all those interested in antibiotics research
Presentation 1: Pre-clinical antimicrobial susceptibility testing: considerations and challenges (Dee Shortridge):
- Steps for developing an in vitro susceptibility test for your lead compound
- Studies needed to characterize your compound
- Points to consider if your compound is not typical
Presentation 2: Pitfalls and opportunities of susceptibility testing in clinical trials of new antibiotics (Rafael Cantón):
- The introduction of new antimicrobials needs antimicrobial susceptibility testing to define their profile and the alignment with regulators.
- Susceptibility testing data are also used to define both clinical and PK/PD breakpoints.
- Moreover, they can be used to recognize wild type populations and anticipate emergence or resistance.
This is organised by the Global Antibiotic Research & Development Partnership (GARDP) https://gardp.org.
The Global Antibiotic Research & Development Partnership (GARDP) accelerates the development and access of treatments for drug-resistant infections. Together with private, public and non-profit partners, GARDP works to preserve the power of antibiotics for generations to come.