About Cambridge MedChem Consulting
Cambridge MedChem Consulting was founded in 2006 by Chris Swain to offer a range of consultancy services in drug discovery and medicinal chemistry, in particular to support academic and small or medium sized Pharma companies.
Recent activities include, providing medicinal chemistry and computational chemistry support for a projects supported by the "Seeding Drug Discovery Initiative" initiated by Wellcome Trust. Recently joined the Scientific Advisory Boards of Selcia and Almirall. Ongoing collaborations with small startup companies providing lead finding oversight and lead optimisation input. Provided licensing oversight and review of possible licensing candidates. Speaker and tutor for RSC summer school and Pharma companies, and part of the organising committee for the biannual RSC-SCI Cambridge Medicinal Chemistry Conference.
- High-Throughput Screening analysis
- Screening or Focused molecular Library Design
- Hit to Lead project supervision
- Lead optimisation
- Computational support, in particular virtual screening and QSAR analysis.
- Licensing oversight
- Training courses on the drug discovery process and medicinal chemistry.
Dr Chris Swain BA MA (Cantab) PhD CChem FRSC
Cambridge MedChem Consulting,