MMV call for proposals
19 01 18- Filed In:Malaria
1. Compounds addressing the key priorities of the malaria eradication agenda
Novel families of molecules in the hit-to-lead or lead optimization stages are sought without G6PD deficiency liabilities that either:
- Kill or reactivate hypnozoites for use as part of a P. vivax radical cure; or
- Have activity against sexual stage V gametocytes and evidence of transmission blocking in SMFA.
2. Compounds with activity against asexual liver and/or blood stages
Novel chemical series with EC50<500nM and which have one or more of the following key features:
- A known, novel mechanism of action;
- An inability to select resistant mutants in vitro;
- Activity at more than one life-cycle stage;
- A long half-life (ideally >4h in rodents) and confirmed in vivo efficacy.
- For advanced series, we are seeking novel compounds with, ideally, a predicted human half-life >100h and a predicted oral single human dose <500mg or an i.m. dose that can be administered in <1mL and sufficient for up to 3 months’ protection in humans.
3. Novel approaches for screening
- To help identify new phenotypic and/ or target based hits, as well as confirm activity of MMV compounds on all human malaria asexual blood stages, new screening proposals are sought .